Location Online (ZOOM)
Cost $269.50(incl.GST), 9am-3pm AEST (Queensland Time)
This is an introduction to animal-assisted Therapy for all allied health providers, and students. If you are interested in starting your journey towards working with an animal or just want to find out more about the field of Animal Assisted Services, then this is the workshop for you. Our team are passionate about helping to build this field on strong foundations by creating a very safe and professional service for participants. This workshop will provide you with the building blocks to start your journey. This workshop is focused primarily on working with canines.
This course is perfect if you don’t have a dog yet as we discuss selecting the perfect dog.
Topics that will be covered include:
- What is Animal Assisted Therapy – What it is and what it is not.
- What is the Human-Animal Bond?
- Which species can be worked with?
- Ethical considerations – for you, your participant & your animal.
- Legal considerations
- Animal selection and training standards
- Logistics – what do you need to consider?
- Discussion time – Q&A based on each participant’s specific situation.